Motto

Empowerment through Language...

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Quick Moment to Share a Giggle from the Classroom

As I introduced myself to a self-contained class of special needs children awhile ago, one child looked at me with a big smile and asked, "Can I call you Muffin?"  I  could not figure out why she would want to call me "Muffin," but I responded, "Well, my name is Ms. Popoff so I prefer you call me that."

But I wondered...it seemed an odd connection. She was absent for the next couple of days of my residency. When she returned later in the week, I asked her why she posed the request but that had been days ago and she did not remember and was not overly interested in the question any longer. So I just let it go as one of those funny moments that kids gift us with in and out of school.

Later, I told the story to a friend, who responded with a big smile, "Poppin' Fresh!"

One more mystery of the universe is resolved...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and reflections. To avoid spam, I moderate all comments and will only post relevant comments by humans who read this blog.